www.midwestcaferacing.com

Midwest Cafe Racing
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:25 am 
Track Day Advanced

MCRA Gateway Round 6, Tips For The Weekend

Friday-

Gateway is asking that we do not show up too early, our contract starts at 1pm. You can park outside the gate by the main entrance until 1.

When the gate opens at 1pm it will be open for the rest of the weekend. Once “normal” gate hours are over (7pmish), no trailers can leave the facility without title/proof of ownership or accompanied by the race director.

When pulling onto the facility Friday make a left and go past Security booth and drive into infield and sign waiver. Please do not set up your pits until all set up work is complete on the track. If you set up your pits before track set up is done, you will be publicly criticized all weekend over the P/A and social media and a note will be added to the MCRA archives so no one will ever forget your indiscretion.

Air fence set up will start at 2pm and straw bales will start about 4:30pm. We will be pulling a name to give away one track day to a lucky club member for helping out. We’ll have a cooler of water.

Registration will be open from 5-8pm for your convenience. Don’t forget your drivers license and racing license, if applicable.

Saturday-

If you were able to register and tech on Friday, you will be able to casually make your way to the 8:15am riders meeting held in the Drivers Meeting Room. Otherwise registration and tech will open at 7am. All participants must attend the 8:15am riders meeting.

Race Clinic will meet in drivers meeting room after the 8am riders meeting.

If you are new, welcome to the club and be sure to read through all the track day info here… https://midwestcaferacing.com/track-days/

Saturday after last bike in, we’ll be having a pot luck dinner and everyone is welcome. We’ll have some burgers, dogs and drinks along with whatever else shows up.

Looking forward to a great weekend with all of you.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:07 am 
Track Day Novice

I'll be there Friday to help setup, the afternoon on Saturday and hopefully all day Sunday. I wont be participating so if anyone needs help with any specific setup, getting to or home from the track, gear rental / borrowing, tools or just general what have you give me a heads up!

I was thinking I could set up my go-pro on some coach's tail and bring up video / snapshots of the novice group so you can go over their body positioning mid day so they can see their errors and try to correct it. I did this two weeks ago with some entry level intermediate riders and it really helped them mid day so they could improve each session.

See you all tonight at the meeting!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:59 am 
Privateer Racer

Magruder13 wrote:
I'll be there Friday to help setup, the afternoon on Saturday and hopefully all day Sunday. I wont be participating so if anyone needs help with any specific setup, getting to or home from the track, gear rental / borrowing, tools or just general what have you give me a heads up!

I was thinking I could set up my go-pro on some coach's tail and bring up video / snapshots of the novice group so you can go over their body positioning mid day so they can see their errors and try to correct it. I did this two weeks ago with some entry level intermediate riders and it really helped them mid day so they could improve each session.

See you all tonight at the meeting!

Can you hall the cash truck trailer from Affton to the track? and then back on Sunday?

Thank you for supporting the Roadracing World Action Fund!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:20 pm 
Track Day Novice

Affton, MO?

If I can pick it up Friday around noon. What size ball? I'll need to get a receiver for my truck but that shouldn't be a problem! Also what type of adapter for the lights? I just got a new truck and need to make sure I have the right stuff for towing.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:42 pm 
Track Day Advanced

That's a great idea with the GoPro, Chris. You're welcome to use the mount on my bikes tail section to record reverse videos of the novice sessions if you'd like. I don't have any extra time to pull the videos off the cards and go over them, but I'm glad to help with the acquisition of footage if its helpful. :-)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:13 pm 
Gp Racer

If he's got the Wifi one he wouldn't have to pull the data off the card, just watch the video on the phone.

Todd #84
Chris #74

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:31 am 
Track Day Novice

I do indeed have the WiFi version but I'll bring my laptop so they can more easily see it.

Adam, I'll totally be getting together with you Saturday evening or Sunday morning to get this setup and we can work with guys on Sunday who are interested.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:56 pm 
Track Day Advanced

Magruder13 wrote:
I do indeed have the WiFi version but I'll bring my laptop so they can more easily see it.

Adam, I'll totally be getting together with you Saturday evening or Sunday morning to get this setup and we can work with guys on Sunday who are interested.

Sounds good, man! Id imagine Ill be pitted with\around the other coaches again. If youre able to pit in the same spot you did at the last Gateway event, it should be nice and convenient to work together. :-)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:14 pm 
Track Day Advanced

This is from the email that Beth sent out on Wed. I wanted to make sure that everyone sees it because I know I missed it, myself. RACERS, definitely take notice of the change in race times!

Quote:
Here is a link to the schedule for the weekend. There is a map of the track on the back. Feel free to print it!
Racer's, please note the change in race times this weekend! Be sure to notify friends and family that are coming out to watch!

http://midwestcaferacing.com/wp-content ... ateway.pdf

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:56 am 
Track Day Novice

green_bread wrote:
Sounds good, man! Id imagine Ill be pitted with\around the other coaches again. If youre able to pit in the same spot you did at the last Gateway event, it should be nice and convenient to work together. :-)

I wont be riding this weekend so I wont technically be "pitted" anywhere but I'll find you! =]