www.midwestcaferacing.com

Midwest Cafe Racing
It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Transponders
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:35 pm 
Track Day Novice

I'm looking at trying to make the Hallett round to race. I've only raced a handful of times, but it has been with the CMRA. I have an AMB transponder and was wondering if that would work with the system MCRA uses?

Thanks!
Cody

Post subject: Re: Transponders
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:51 pm 
Track Day Advanced

We use a Westhold timing and scoring system I dont not know if they are compatible with AMB transponders, but we do offer transponder rentals.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:56 pm 
Track Day Novice

Who could I talk to to find out if they're compatible?

If it comes to it, how much is a rental?

Also, is there an example of a schedule from a past event? The CMRA seems to be ran extremely different.

Lastly, any tips for getting the wife to agree to let me go when this falls on our anniversary? haha

Thanks guys!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:02 pm 
Gp Racer

Welcome Cody! I'm pretty sure the transponders are not compatible. My Westholder transponder did not show up on Connie's system when I was there a couple of weeks ago. I think the rentals are 20 or 25? They'll be available on the registration page. Drew, Cody also asked about when signup would be available for Hallett. I realize the deal probably isn't final yet but do you have an estimate on that question? Also Cody, I just remembered I do have a spare transponder you could borrow for the weekend. I also told you about the time I went to Colorado dirt riding with my buddies on my 20th anniversary and ended up breaking my ankle. I'm not sure if the ankle breaking was related karma but take that for whatever it's worth. :)

Todd #84
Chris #74

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:17 pm 
Track Day Advanced

transponder for sale

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2232

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:21 pm 
Gp Racer

It's probably not cost effective for him since he's only planning on racing one weekend with us. What's the rental cost Amy?

Todd #84
Chris #74

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:33 pm 
Track Day Novice

crash wrote:
It's probably not cost effective for him since he's only planning on racing one weekend with us. What's the rental cost Amy?

This. I live in south Texas, so even your closest round, Hallett, is over 7 hours away from me...which is about 3 hours closer than the next - so I only plan on racing this round after Todd mentioned it on a zx6 forum. I'm just trying to work out logistics right now - what the schedule is like (so i know if i have to take off work or not on Monday), licensing/track day/race entry cost, and anything else I can think of.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:41 pm 
Track Day Advanced

exalted512 wrote:
crash wrote:

This. I live in south Texas, so even your closest round, Hallett, is over 7 hours away from me...which is about 3 hours closer than the next - so I only plan on racing this round after Todd mentioned it on a zx6 forum. I'm just trying to work out logistics right now - what the schedule is like (so i know if i have to take off work or not on Monday), licensing/track day/race entry cost, and anything else I can think of.

Hallett technically won't be our event (as far as logistics go) however, we're trying to stick to what we usually do as far as operations go.

Our typical schedule can be viewed here (always subject to change)

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2205

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:52 am 
Track Day Novice

acox2 wrote:

Hallett technically won't be our event (as far as logistics go) however, we're trying to stick to what we usually do as far as operations go.

Our typical schedule can be viewed here (always subject to change)

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2205

That's a pretty cool schedule. Definitely very different from what I'm used to. As long as I can get my wife on board, myself and a friend will be making the trek. Looking forward to meeting y'all and getting more details about the event as they come up. Hopefully it is run CCW both days. I've never been there, but I know the CMRA only does CCW now due to safety concerns and I trust their judgement.
-Cody

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:16 pm 
Track Day Advanced

Its $25/day to rent a transponder. Todd was correct with his second guess. :-)