www.midwestcaferacing.com

Midwest Cafe Racing
It is currently Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:06 am 
Track Day Advanced

Board did more deliberation and weighing the pros and cons of swapping the races around at last nights meeting.

What was voted on and passed is to move the GT race from before lunch to after lunch, to 1:00pm.

Some of the reasoning behind this is it gives GT racers more time between their last advance session and their race, 1 hour 40 minutes instead of just 40 minutes. This also helps with the CR's who race in GT from being rushed from their duties in the last Novice session of the morning.

This will not effect the afternoon sessions, following the GT race it will go straight into the 4th advance session at 1:30pm like normal.

A draft schedule has been submitted to the board for approval once it is approved it will be posted.

This also does not mean the races can never be swapped.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:11 pm 
Gp Racer

I love it! Thanks board! :)

Todd #84
Chris #74

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:42 pm 
Track Day Novice

Maybe a little late, but more food for thought. Some race organizations alternate their afternoon schedule every other event. That way the same group is not "stuck" with a schedule they don't like every time. I realize it may add some complexity to logistics, but it could be an option.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:41 pm 
Gp Racer

That sounds fair. Alternating wouldn't be as bad as having an inconvenient slot the whole year.

Todd #84
Chris #74

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:48 am 
Track Day Advanced

I'm OK either way because regardless I'm gonna crack open a beer and watch whoever is racing at the end of the day or just take a nap. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:38 am 
Track Day Intermediate

Thank you everyone for your feedback. I think each scenario was considered...

Both races in the afternoon
Swapping timeslots (always)
Swapping timeslots (alternating like CCS Twin sprints)
Race after lunch

I think this decision balanced the interests of everyone who voiced an opinion and made a real improvement to our schedule without a radical change.

As always, we will continue to look for opportunities to improve based on the feedback of our club members.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:24 pm 
Track Day Novice

crash wrote:
terrordbn wrote:
As a new racer taking the Clinic on Saturday at Putnam, I would LOVE to be able to participate in the first race of the season. I hate to miss out on any points on my way to Rookie of the Year! :)

Aaron

Which class are you intending on racing? Obviously by having any races at noon puts you in that situation IF you happen to want to race the class that runs over lunch. Of course there IS another solution if you really want that Rookie of the Year award. You could run down to Little Tally and go through Ed Bargy's school (or similar approved schools) before Putnam and get your race license ahead of time. :)

I would be GT AM since the Sportsman class was discontinued.

Aaron

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:41 am 
Track Day Advanced

terrordbn wrote:
crash wrote:
terrordbn wrote:
As a new racer taking the Clinic on Saturday at Putnam, I would LOVE to be able to participate in the first race of the season. I hate to miss out on any points on my way to Rookie of the Year! :)

Aaron

Which class are you intending on racing? Obviously by having any races at noon puts you in that situation IF you happen to want to race the class that runs over lunch. Of course there IS another solution if you really want that Rookie of the Year award. You could run down to Little Tally and go through Ed Bargy's school (or similar approved schools) before Putnam and get your race license ahead of time. :)

I would be GT AM since the Sportsman class was discontinued.

Aaron

For what it's worth, we had someone just like you miss the first GT AM race last year & was still competing for Top 3. I think you can do it! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:27 am 
Track Day Novice

I like that concept, I was only able to make one day at NCM last year and that bade racing a challenge.