www.midwestcaferacing.com

Midwest Cafe Racing
It is currently Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:30 pm 
Privateer Racer

As the one who manages the schedule i see no issues operationally or in safety.

Personally, I believe the feature race should be the last event on the schedule and in our case that would be GT.

Thank you for supporting the Roadracing World Action Fund!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:35 pm 
Gp Racer

That's it rainman. We're no longer friends. :(

Todd #84
Chris #74

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:10 am 
Track Day Advanced

I vote that the board votes on whether we should vote on whether we change the schedule........

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:58 am 
Track Day Novice

I vote end of the day. Feature race being later in the day is good. Opens up the race for Saturday school attendees. With all of the features we cram into one day our mornings are getting really busy. It's becoming really difficult to get any practice/set up time in and be able to have the time to mount fresh rubber/make changes for the race.

Anywhere else there are 14-16 races a day with many back to backs if you choose to race two very different motorcycles. It's simple and easy to handle in those cases I see no reason why it would be a problem with our flexible schedule and small grids. It can suck in certain situations, I've done it a lot, but it's part of the game racing a big and little bike on the same weekend.

I think if it is decided to keep it as it is, or swap race time slots, I would push to move the mid day race to after lunch. It's how pretty much any other race org operates and makes sense for the racers and track crew. I think taming down the trophy presentation or just moving to the end of the day for all classes makes sense with this as well. Not much benefit to holding up the trackday show/cutting into lunch time doing interviews right after the race.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:29 pm 
Track Day Advanced

After much deliberation and feedback from a lot of members both on the forum and in person, both races will not be moved to the end of the day. Currently the board is weighing the options on swapping the GT race time with the GLT/250/ULGT race.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:29 pm 
Gp Racer

Sure wish I knew that was coming before buying the 10. Would have went with the 390 instead for sure.

Todd #84
Chris #74

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:34 pm 
Track Day Novice

crash wrote:
Sure wish I knew that was coming before buying the 10. Would have went with the 390 instead for sure.

I'll trade you a 390 for it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:38 pm 
Gp Racer

AlexKnolly wrote:
crash wrote:

Maybe?

Todd #84
Chris #74

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:07 pm 
Track Day Novice

Todd, I may have a spare 250 for you to race.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:43 pm 
Track Day Novice

crash wrote:
AlexKnolly wrote:
crash wrote:

Maybe?

You said you got a good deal on it, but I'd be shocked if it was THAT good of a deal!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:23 am 
Track Day Advanced

Ill trade you 400 for it!!! Mighr even go as high as 500.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:26 am 
Track Day Novice

crash wrote:

Nothing has changed. Why does that change your mind on the bike you bought?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:47 am 
Gp Racer

benprobst wrote:
crash wrote:

Nothing has changed. Why does that change your mind on the bike you bought?

I was very seriously considering getting the 390 but I didn't want to race at the end of the day so I changed my mind and went with a 10 for racing the noon races. It wouldn't have been a problem in my younger days but with all the other activities I get involved in throughout the weekend (track setup, CR, track tear down, etc) I am completely spent at the end of the day and the afternoon races gives me a chance to get my trailer loaded and chill out with a beer watching the awesome afternoon racing before we tear the track down. Like I said, it's purely selfish reasons, and if it's better for the club, by all means make the change. I'm just saying for me personally it's probably the difference of whether I race this year or not. If the decision had been made back in the fall I most likely would have gone a different direction with my bike purchase. But it's probably better for the club not to have AARP sponsored racers out there anyway. :)

EDIT: But to add to that, this was all my thought process this winter assuming schedule was going to remain the same. If it gets changed I'll give it a shot. Maybe a break over lunch hour instead of racing will cause me not to be as wore out at the end of the day. If the majority is for it then I'm on board too. Who knows, maybe it will work out better for me.

EDIT2: Thought about it some more and I may have been making smallish things into something bigger than they are. Sorry for thinking out loud on the forum. :) Put me down as being neutral on the subject if it comes to a vote. :) Please, just whatever decision is made do it as soon as possible and don't wait until the first event to announce the change. I think we're only about 2 months out on the first one right?

Todd #84
Chris #74

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:24 am 
Track Day Novice

I've always voted to at least move the GT race to after lunch. I always thought it was very hectic racing that early.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:13 pm 
Privateer Racer

We tend to refer to other track day businesses and other racing orgs when these topics come up, when we are not either. I hope people consider we are a "Club" supported by our members, sponsors and entries from tracktime and racing. We run a "hybrid" style event and trying to accommodate everyone is difficult. If we only had two trackday classes and 40 paid participants, we would always have a smooth running operation with more than plenty of seat time. If we were only a race club we would have gone bankrupt a long time ago (look at the GTE and GTLE entries last season for example).

I think we have come up with a good, fair, sometimes ambitious schedule that provides the right mix for everyone. Having listened to all the arguments, I am even more convinced that nothing should change. 2c

Thank you for supporting the Roadracing World Action Fund!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:57 am 
Track Day Novice

My vote is to swap races. Or on Saturday swap the LW to noon then Sunday GT at noon.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:02 am 
Gp Racer

AlexKnolly wrote:
crash wrote:
AlexKnolly wrote:

Maybe?

You said you got a good deal on it, but I'd be shocked if it was THAT good of a deal!

Oh, you meant "even up"? Um, no. :)

Todd #84
Chris #74

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:55 pm 
Track Day Novice

As a new racer taking the Clinic on Saturday at Putnam, I would LOVE to be able to participate in the first race of the season. I hate to miss out on any points on my way to Rookie of the Year! :)

Aaron

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:04 pm 
Gp Racer

terrordbn wrote:
As a new racer taking the Clinic on Saturday at Putnam, I would LOVE to be able to participate in the first race of the season. I hate to miss out on any points on my way to Rookie of the Year! :)

Aaron

Which class are you intending on racing? Obviously by having any races at noon puts you in that situation IF you happen to want to race the class that runs over lunch. Of course there IS another solution if you really want that Rookie of the Year award. You could run down to Little Tally and go through Ed Bargy's school (or similar approved schools) before Putnam and get your race license ahead of time. :)

Todd #84
Chris #74

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:43 pm 
Track Day Advanced

crash wrote:
terrordbn wrote:

Aaron

Which class are you intending on racing? Obviously by having any races at noon puts you in that situation IF you happen to want to race the class that runs over lunch. Of course there IS another solution if you really want that Rookie of the Year award. You could run down to Little Tally and go through Ed Bargy's school (or similar approved schools) before Putnam and get your race license ahead of time. :)

In the 2014 season, 19 out of 27 clinic students were potential GT racers.