www.midwestcaferacing.com

Midwest Cafe Racing
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:35 pm 
Track Day Novice

During the 2012 MCRA season, many of us have witnessed a few harsh crashes and injuries. You may have even been apart of a crash this year or in previous years. But some of these crashes really hit home for a few of us and we started thinking that we needed to offer something to our racers and track day participants to have some protection.

After speaking with some of the board members (Jim Probst & Geno Gargac), we felt that it was a good idea that we make something available to the racers and track day participants to protect them if they were to become hurt at the track and were unable to work for a long period of time.

We all know that if you are not working, you’re not making money (depending on your occupation). The product is designed to help replace your income if you are unable to work. We feel that if one of the racers or riders were to get hurt at the track and was out of work for a period of time, we would want them to be able to pay their normal expenses such as food, rent, mortgage, electric, etc…

Traditional disability insurance carriers do a great job with most situations, but they often have areas which they choose not to participate. And covering track day riders and racers are one of those areas.

The high risk company we found covers:
1. Amateur Racing
2. Demolition Derby
3. Scuba Diving
4. Rock Climbing
5. Mountaineering
6. Sky Diving
7. Base Jumping
8. Helicopter Skiing

• Coverage is provided on a per person basis (Premium structure is based on the person’s full time occupational duties)
• 24 months of coverage if injured during a race
• 3-5 years of coverage depending on your occupation if injured on or off the job
• 30, 60, or 90 day elimination period (please ask me if you have questions about this elimination period, but it basically is saying that you need to have 30, 60, or 90 days worth of emergency savings) Higher elimination periods are available.
• This supplemental coverage can help fill the gaps from your employer’s disability coverage. (Helps pay taxes so you continue to get the full benefit available to you)

“Our industry teaches us that for personal income replacement the answer is 65%-75% of income. This percentage is seconded by third party resources such as the U.S. Labor Department and the US News and World Report, which both indicated that REGARDLESS OF INCOME, most people cannot make ends meet on less that 65% of their income.”

I want to make sure you are protected and have disability income so you can continue to live the same life style even after an accident. If you don’t have disability income or insurance, ask yourself what you are willing to sell to help cover the costs of living.

If you have any questions reqarding disability / supplemental income insurance or other types of insurance (home, auto, boat, motorcycle, business, life, etc...), please contact me.

Here is my information:
Brandon Melliere
618-806-4515 (cell)
314-238-0020 (office)
bmelliere@farmersagent.com

USA Mortgage
Mortgage Banker / Account Executive
314-744-6117 Office
618-806-4515 Cell
bmelliere@usa-mortgage.com

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:27 pm 
Track Day Intermediate

Thanks for this info I have been wondering about something like this but always thought it might be too expensive ! I will be contacting you for further info !

2014 CCS AM Thunderbike Champion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:12 pm 
Track Day Novice

great idea/post. I have aflac for mine.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:14 pm 
Privateer Racer

I want to change ALL my my insurance Home, Auto everything...I will be in touch

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:27 pm 
Racer

tfs32 wrote:
I want to change ALL my my insurance Home, Auto everything...I will be in touch

I spoke with Brandon today about insurance for my business and about switching everything from AAA to Farmers. He's a great guy and, being a rider himself, he understands our needs better than 99% of the agents out there. I highly suggest everyone gives him a call. It's always good to know your options

http://www.powersports-stuff.com

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:47 pm 
Track Day Intermediate

I will be in contact as well.
Is there a policy just for recreational "Track Day" not same as Amateur Racing?
My concern is Medical cost not covered by employer and motorcycle policys.
CH

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:29 am 
Track Day Novice

@Cooker1: As far as cost goes for a disability policy, you might be surprised with how affordable it is. The cost won't be the same for everyone, it is based on per person as well as their occupation and how much coverage they choose.

@Gonecrazy: I am not going to "knock down" any other insurance companies when it comes to disability coverage. If you have coverage at all, that is a great start. With Aflac, I believe they have a short pay out period (i believe between 6 months to a year). And with the company that I can get it through, you can get a max of 24 months if you are hurt RACING or between 3-5 years if you get hurt on or off the job. And the prices are almost identical from people that I have talked to.

USA Mortgage
314-744-6117 Office
618-806-4515 Cell

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:32 am 
Track Day Novice

To Jeff and Tommy, thank you for the "shout out" and for all the help around the track this year!

I look forward to helping anyone I can. If you call or email me, just let me know that you are from the MCRA.

USA Mortgage
314-744-6117 Office
618-806-4515 Cell